Ionassist App, a product by Scaramango Ltd. – Privacy Notice
Who are we?
Scaramango Technologies Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”), a private limited company registered in in England and Wales with company number 11844089 with registered address Camberley House, 1 Portesbery Road, Camberley, Surrey, United Kingdom, GU15 3SZ
If you have any questions about how we use your information, or want to exercise your rights over your information such as access to your personal information, request for deletion, you can write to us at our address above or contact us on:
Telephone: +91 74065 75645
We strive to provide best in class services to respecting your privacy. When visiting our website and or using our Ionassist App, our intention is that your experience is informative, convenient and safe. We have adopted this Privacy Notice to explain our commitment to your privacy and how we manage the personal data that you provide to us in accordance EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), UK Data Protection Act 2018 and similar data privacy regulations (collectively and individually, the “Applicable Data Privacy Laws”).
Our privacy notice explains the main basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us when you register and use our website, or any services provided through it. By using and or visiting our website and services, you accept and consent to the practices as described in this Privacy Notice.
By installing and using the Ionassist App, or any services offered through it, you are permitting us to process your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you are utilizing our services on behalf of someone else, we will request personal data/information and preferences concerning the individual you are using the service for. You should always obtain the consent from such individuals prior to providing us with their Personal Information, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account
1. The Data We Collect from You
- , including your name, gender and email address. We use this information We amass the data you provide to us when you register on the mobile applicationto create a user account for you on our app and to provide our services to you. However, we will not share your email address with other users of the app. Where you have not opted out of receiving marketing material we will also use this information to send you email notifying you of updates and important information that could improve your user experience and satisfaction from using the mobile app. We will not sell or rent any of this information to any third parties nor send you any third-party marketing communications unless you have specifically opted in to receiving them or requested so in writing.
- Any information you include in any private correspondence between you and another user is not the responsibility of Scaramango Technologies Ltd. Any information you provide to Scaramango Technologies Ltd. will be collected by us and stored on our servers for the purposes of making the app, and the content contained within it, available to our users, and to enable our users to search for and respond to your profile on the app. In the event you are asked to submit any sensitive personal data as part of the process of engaging with another app user you’ll be asked to tick a box to demonstrate your consent to our collecting and storing that information and to us making that information available to other users through the Ionassist app. We will; collect information from requests posted to the app on an aggregated basis for statistical analysis. Some of this data will be used in press releases or shared with third parties on an aggregated basis. However, apart from the individual’s username, no individual will ever be identifiable from such data. Please note that any materials or information you enter on our app will be visible to other users of the site. We therefore advise you to be selective about what information you include in your profile information and when you engage with other users, and not to include any information you aren’t happy to be publicly available. We will collect any information contained in correspondence between you and us. For example, if you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. We will also ask you for information when you report a problem with our app or any content or services made available through it.
- We will also collect and store any information contained in communications between yourself and other users on the app, where such communications have taken place via our on-site messaging system. We do not routinely monitor all communications and we will use software to track communications and we reserve the right to monitor them in order to investigate any suspected breach of our terms and conditions, illegal behaviour or any other misuse of our service or for any other reasonable reason as determined by us from time to time.
- We also collect certain information about your visits to our app and how you use it. This will include your phone number, geographical location, operating system type, referral source, length of visit, number of views and similar information. We will use this information for a number of purposes, including app administration, optimising the use and performance of the app, disclosing to third party contributors or for security purposes. Individual users will not be identifiable from this information. This information will be collected by a third-party app analytics service provider on our behalf.
- We will also collect other information about your activity on the app that is specific to your user account, such as your location search history, your search and account preferences and destinations of locals you have requested to help you. We use this information to improve your app experience and to send you content and messages that are relevant to you.
- In some instances, we will receive some information that you submit to any third-party business you access from a link contained in our app, or where you have logged into our app using your profile and account details of a third-party website, such as Facebook. Both we and the owner or operator of that third party website will be the data controller in respect of any such information. You should check the privacy notices of those third-party websites to find out how they will use your data.
- If you choose to register and log in to our app using your Facebook profile you are agreeing to share some of the information contained in your Facebook profile with us, such as your friends list, work history, your email address and your interests. We will use this information to improve your user experience on the app and to match you with other users of the app who you are already friends with on Facebook, or who have similar interests or histories to you.
2. How We Use Your Information and Why
- We will only use the personal information we collect from you in accordance with this privacy notice.
Here are the specific reasons we process your personal information and the legal basis for which we use your information:
|Processing Purpose:||Legal Basis:|
|To allow you to access and use our Services or our Website
To provide you with other marketing communications by post and/or electronic means (such as email, SMS and/or MMS) about our products, services, events, special discounts and offers, which you have requested to be sent or which we feel may interest you, where you have not opted out of being contacted for such purposes.
To send you other general (non-marketing) commercial communications, such as information about the app and services provided to you by is at that time.
|Consent – you have given clear consent to us to process your personal information for a specific purpose.
With your consent only, to contact you (including by email or post) with information about our products and services which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you.
|To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
To notify you about changes to our products and services;
To provide customer service in relation to your use of the app, to contact you, t deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the app and to notify you about changes to our services.
To develop, improve and personalise the app so as to improve your user browsing experience.
|Our contract – processing your personal information is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into that contract.|
|To send you alerts about adverts that match your search preferences and to let you know when other users of the site have expressed an interest in any requests you have posted in the app;
To ensure that content from the app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you are using;
For improving and maintaining our website, preparing reports or compiling statistics in order to improve our services;
To provide third parties with statistical information about our users – this information will not be able to be used to identify any individual user.
|Legitimate interests – processing your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests.|
3. Disclosure of Your Information
- Other than as expressly set out in this privacy notice or as otherwise required or permitted by law, we will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
- We will disclose your personal information to:
- a third party, if you have chosen to log in to our app by using your profile and account details from that third party’s own website, such as Facebook, MongoDB, Google, or Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- any third party who intends to publish any comments or reviews you’ve written about our app in any medium, including on third party apps or websites, so your comments and reviews can be verified by that third party;
- any third party to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any services or products that you have requested through the app;
- any person to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Scaramango Technologies Ltd or our customers or employees or where such disclosure will be required by law;
- any acquirer or potential acquirer of all, or substantially all, of the share capital or assets of Scaramango Technologies Limited; and
- to aggregate anonymized/de-identified information, which we may share with users or the press in order to demonstrate usage of the app, spot industry and advertising trends, and to generate publicity for our services.Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will be anonymized to an extent where the information will not contain personal information.
You should note that the public elements of the Ionassist app, including any requests you post on the app, will be visible to other users of the app anywhere in the world. You should therefore be careful when submitting information about yourself and only submit information you’re happy to be publicly available.
4. Payment Information
All payment for any products or services offered through our app are made via a secure server provided by our third-party payment processors. We will not collect, store or process any credit card or other payment information on our own servers. You can use our app payment service with confidence.
5. Third Party Content, Websites and Contributors
- Our app contains content and links to other apps, websites and microsites that are operated by third parties. In addition, advertisements contained on our website will operate as links to that advertiser’s app or website.
6. Security and Data Retention
- We employ appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access to or unlawful processing of any personal information about you that we hold, including encryption.
- We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
- Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. Although we employ appropriate technological and organisational security measures to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
7. International Data Transfers
- We collect data from wherever users are situated. The information we collect will therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you will be located and will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
- We do not transfer personal data collected via our app outside the EEA (unless you have consented; it is necessary to provide the services you have requested; or it is otherwise required or permitted by law).
8. Your Rights
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, to exercise your data subject rights, including:
- update any personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services; or
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about
you on request to email@example.com we do not undertake any automated decision making.
9. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice from time to time.
10. Contact Us
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 2018, Scaramango Technologies Limited (“we”, “us” “our”) will be the data controller in respect of any personal data you submit to us or which we collect from you when you use our app. We are a private limited company with company registration number 11844089 – our registered office is at Camberley House, 1 Portesbery Road, Camberley, Surrey, United Kingdom, GU15 3SZ. If you’d like to know what information we hold about you, or you have any other queries or complaints in relation to this privacy notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice was last updated on 25th October 2022.