1. The Data We Collect From You
- We amass the data you provide to us when you register on the mobile application, including your name, gender and email address. We use this information to create a user account for you on our app and to provide our services to you. However, we will not share your email address with other users of the app. Where you have not opted out of receiving them, we will also use this information to send you email notifying you of updates and important information that could improve your user experience and satisfaction from using the mobile app. We will not sell or rent any of this information to any third parties nor send you any third party marketing communications unless you have specifically opted in to receiving them or requested so in writing.
- Any information you include in any private correspondence between you and another user is not the responsibility of Scaramango Technologies Ltd. Any information you provide to Scaramango Technologies Ltd. will be collected by us and stored on our servers for the purposes of making the app, and the content contained within it, available to our users, and to enable our users to search for and respond to your profile on the app. In the event you are asked to submit any sensitive personal data as part of the process of engaging with another app user you’ll be asked to tick a box to demonstrate your consent to our collecting and storing that information and to us making that information available to other users through the Ionassist app. We may also collect information from requests posted to the app on an aggregated basis for statistical analysis. Some of this data may be used in press releases or shared with third parties on an aggregated basis. However, apart from the individual’s username, no individual will ever be identifiable from such data. Please note that any materials or information you enter on our app may be visible to other users of the site. We therefore advise you to be selective about what information you include in your profile information and when you engage with other users, and not to include any information you aren’t happy to be publically available.
- We may collect any information contained in correspondence between you and us. For example, if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our app or any content or services made available through it.
- We may also collect and store any information contained in communications between yourself and other users on the app, where such communications have taken place via our on-site messaging system. We do not routinely monitor all communications but we may use software to track communications and we reserve the right to monitor them in order to investigate any suspected breach of our terms and conditions, illegal behaviour or any other misuse of our service or for any other reasonable reason as determined by us from time to time.
- We may also collect certain information about your visits to our app and how you use it. This may include your phone number, geographical location, operating system type, referral source, length of visit, number of views and similar information. We may use this information for a number of purposes, including app administration, optimising the use and performance of the app, disclosing to third party contributors or for security purposes. Individual users will not be identifiable from this information. This information may be collected by a third party app analytics service provider on our behalf.
- We may also collect other information about your activity on the app that is specific to your user account, such as your location search history, your search and account preferences and destinations of locals you have requested to help you. We use this information to improve your app experience and to send you content and messages that are relevant to you.
- If you choose to register and log in to our app using your Facebook profile you are agreeing to share some of the information contained in your Facebook profile with us, such as your friends list, work history, your email address and your interests. We may use this information to improve your user experience on the app and to match you with other users of the app who you are already friends with on Facebook, or who have similar interests or histories to you.
2. Use of your information
- to send you alerts about adverts that match your search preferences and to let you know when other users of the site have expressed an interest in any requests you have posted to the app;
- to send you other general (non-marketing) commercial communications, such as information about the app and services provided to you by us at that time;
- to ensure that content from the app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you’re using;
- to provide you with other marketing communications by post and/or electronic means (such as email, SMS and/or MMS) about our products, services, events, special discounts and offers, which you have requested to be sent or which we feel may interest you, where you have not opted out of being contacted for such purposes;
- to provide customer service in relation to your use of the app, to contact you, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the app and to notify you about changes to our services;
- to develop, improve and personalise the app so as to improve your user browsing experience; and
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users – this information will not be able to be used to identify any individual user.
3. Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- a third party, if you have chosen to log in to our app by using your profile and account details from that third party’s own website, such as Facebook;
- any third party who intends to publish any comments or reviews you’ve written about our app in any medium, including on third party apps or websites, so your comments and reviews can be verified by that third party;
- any third party to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any services or products that you have requested through the app;
- any person to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Scaramango Technologies Ltd or our customers or employees or where such disclosure may be required by law; and/or
- any acquirer or potential acquirer of all, or substantially all, of the share capital or assets of Scaramango Technologies Limited.
- You should note that the public elements of the Ionassist app, including any requests you post on the app, will be visible to other users of the app anywhere in the world. You should therefore be careful when submitting information about yourself and only submit information you’re happy to be publicly available.
4. Payment Information
All payment for any products or services offered through our app are made via a secure server provided by our third-party payment processors. We will not collect, store or process any credit card or other payment information on our own servers. You can use our app payment service with confidence.
5. Third Party Content, Websites and Contributors
- Our app may contain content and links to other apps, websites and microsites that are operated by third parties. In addition, advertisements contained on our website may operate as links to that advertiser’s app or website.
6. Security and Data Retention
- We employ appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access to or unlawful processing of any personal information about you that we hold. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
- Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. Although we employ appropriate technological and organisational security measures to protect your data we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
7. International Data Transfers
- We collect data from wherever users are situated. The information we collect will therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located and will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
- We do not transfer personal data collected via our app outside the (unless you have consented; it is necessary to provide the services you have requested; or it is otherwise required or permitted by law).
8. Your Rights
- You are entitled to know what personal data we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact information provided in section ‘Contact’ below. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification.
- You may request that we cease sending you any marketing information at any time by notifying us in writing, following any “unsubscribe” instructions included in any marketing communications which we send to you, or by clicking on “My Account” in the app and updating your account preferences.
10. Contact Us
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, ScaramangoTechnologies Limited (“We”, “Us” “Our”) will be the data controller in respect of any personal data you submit to us or which we collect from you when you use our app. We are a private limited company with company registration number 11844089 – our registered office is at 1a Field Way, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3AQ, UK.
Scaramango Technologies Ltd.
1a Field Way,
UKTel: +44 1895 812 309